Sunday, March 15, 2009

80 releases! Holy cow. Also, submission rules.

80 releases. Wow. I deem my blog open. Time to advertise it!
Today, I tried putting up my first translation on 4chan.
Didn't go so well. Was it a bad plan?
My translation went ignored save for two comments, and was pushed back into the end pages within hours.
First comment said do not associate self with /u/ or 4chan as a whole, and to get out while I could. I really don't know what to make of that.
Second said to use autoleveling during translation and editing. Whatever... that... is? And also to use a different layout, as this is hard to read. Is it really?

Comments, anyone? What should I make my blog look like... and how should I do that?

Ok! So. Submissions. (last edited June 8 2009)
Well, we have reached the fullest extent of my English collection. With that, submissions for ENGLISH doujins will open, and I will start uploading my Japanese doujins soon. Like, in a few days. I need a break.
Here are the rules! Help me fill up my website! Submit stuff to TsundereYuriko at gmail.com with either Art Submission or Doujin Submission in the subject line. Give me a link, or zip the folder. Doesn't matter to me.

Remember, we are trying to make one of the BIGGEST and BEST Yuri databases on the planet! Contribute!

1: Doujin Submissions.
1: I am open to Translated and Japanese Yuri, Translated and Japanese Shoujo Ai, and Translated and Japanese Shoujo Ai Loli. (READ: Little to no Yuri Loli... for now at least)
2: If I know something is licensed in the US, I may refuse it.
3: Look carefully through my website before you submit something to avoid duplication. There is a search bar. Use it.
4: NO GURO, NO HEAVY VIOLENCE, NO FUTANARI, NO STRAIGHT, NO SCAT.
5: Upon post, you will be credited in a name you choose. You may leave an email or website if you like.
6: I refrain from uploading anything done by a group already in my links section. People can just go there and get it and see what else the group has done. Any translation I already have will stay as an advertisement.
Examples: Wings of Yuri, Dynasty, Lililiscious, etc.
7: If you are an anonymous translator or a translator with no website, this is a great place to submit! If you want to be a regular contributor, I can create a tag that would let people search all your translated submissions here!

I of course, continue to scavange the internet myself for yuri in my spare time. But all help from you is appreciated!

2. Art Submissions. I will be starting a fanart blog for others to show their love for Yuri.
1: I mean art YOU DRAW YOURSELF, not stuff you find laying around online.
2: Follow rule 4 above.
3: If you request your image be taken down, then so it shall be. Otherwise, I am in control of displaying your image on the art blog, but promise to not display it anywhere else or edit it in any way.
4: Fan art of already existing characters are fine. But don't be scared about being original!
5: Always mark your submission as safe viewing or adult.

By the way, I will be accepting fanart of my own original characters... but at this time I have not developed them yet... I will be asking later for submissions of art of my characters to be used for my translation releases. (Sadly I am not good at drawing... that's why I'll need help from someone to help develop my original characters after I provide some roughs)

Bottom line! Enjoy the website!
I do this because I want to! I'll never ask for money. All I ask is for your help! Translation tips, improvement comments, spreading the word, submissions, they are all greatly appreciated!

Tsundere Yuriko signing off!

-Yuriko

4 comments:

  1. Don't take 4chan srsly. It's all trolls trolling trolls and autists.
    Also thank you for your hard work!
    Keep up the GJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, the trolls only make me laugh. Thanks for the support. But yeah, I will keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. diamondust135/6/09, 1:06 AM

    Layout's fine, the left column extends disproportionatly, but that's no big deal. One can see more flowers, I like it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Lilies everywhere! (But yeah, maybe some of those left column boxes are unnecessary.)

    I would like to give the blog a unique kick to it's looks. Right now I'm on a default blogger setup with a background thrown in. If anyone experienced in HTML and design would like to overhaul the blogs, I welcome it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an INTELLIGENT thought about the post, doujin, or the website in general. I moderate comments, so please do not swear or use foul language. Please be courteous to other posters. No flaming. No spam. No racist/discriminatory comments. If you don't like something, voice your thoughts on how it can be improved. Offensive posts will be deleted. With all that in mind, I am glad to hear your thoughts!